Garbage and Recycling Services
- Residential Garbage, Recycling, and Yard Waste Instructions
- Commercial Garbage and Recycling Instructions
- LeMay, Inc Mobile Application
Waste Connections customers can purchase a $200 purple Mary Bridge Children’s recycling bin. The entire $200 directly supports Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital. The cart will be delivered to you for free. Visit the Carts for Kids website to learn more:
Garbage and Recycling Locations
Large items, yard waste, paint, electronics, and hazardous materials must be brought to a transfer station or special waste location.
- Tacoma Recovery and Transfer
3510 S Mullen Street
Tacoma, WA 98409
- Thurston Waste and Recovery
2420 Hogum Bay Road NE
Lacey, WA 98516
- Hidden Valley Transfer Station
17925 Meridian Street E
Puyallup, WA 98373
Recycling and Specialty Disposal
- Pierce County Recycling Menu
Televisions, chemicals, needles, medications, and other unusual waste items
- Pierce County Glass Drop-Off
Use this tool to find a glass drop-off location nearby. Glass should not be included in regular recycling.
- PaintCare WA
Use this tool to find a paint disposal drop-off location. Paint should not be included in regular garbage.
- Document Shredding
LeMay, Inc hosts occasional shredding events and many local businesses offer document shredding.
Community Cleanup Events
Community Cleanup events are scheduled twice per year: one in the spring and one in the fall. Lakewood residents may bring eligible bulky items or extra junk for disposal to the Lakewood Transfer Station, 3869 94th St SW.
The Fall 2023 cleanup is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 11 and 12, 2023. The event will run 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the last vehicle accepted at 1:45 p.m. Cars in line after 1:45 p.m. will not be admitted.
Community Cleanup Rules:
- Lakewood residents only – bring a bill or ID
- Time limit enforced – 5 min. to unload
- No box vans or vehicles 7’+ tall
- Small trailers only – 4′ x 8′ max
- Residential waste only – no commercial
- Unsafely loaded vehicles may be cited
- Wear safe shoes – no slippers, sandals
- Be ready to back up a steep ramp
- Be ready to unload your own trash
- Bag all loose items
tires (no rims)
appliances (no refrigerators) recyclables.
Long Lumber (8+ feet)
Explosive or Hazardous Materials