Information Technology provides support for Lakewood’s computer network. This includes the operation, maintenance and repair of network hardware and client workstations.
Kenneth White – Chief Information Officer
City Hall, 6000 Main St. SW
Lakewood, Wa 98499
To email Kenneth White add his email handle before @cityoflakewood.us
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Day-to-day network center operations.
- Technical services to support and enhance city information systems and cover all data, hardware and software including applications, operating systems, special systems, networks, employee training, and equipment acquisition.
- Technical services, support maintenance and enhancements to the city’s telephone system, cellular and other mobile devices, and building wire cable, wireless and other communications-related needs.
- Internet and intranet web services including developing and maintaining FTS (File Transfer Protocol) and VPN (Virtual Private Network) services, providing user training, monitoring system security and developing interfaces.
- Provide geographical information services (GIS) which includes developing and maintaining the city’s spatial database, producing maps, analyzing data, generating reports, providing user training and developing user-friendly internal and external interfaces to the city’s GIS.
Goals and Objectives
- Support City goals and department objectives through automation.
- Provide excellent customer service, employee service and user training.
- Understand departments’ business process and needs.
- Streamline city operations through integration and systems automation.
- Keep informed of technology trends, enhancements and capabilities.
- Seek new technology and apply where cost effective.
- Provide stable and reliable information technology infrastructure.
- Provide up-to-date hardware and software tools.
- Improve access to city services and information through the web and other online systems.