The Tree Advisory Committee reviews tree preservation codes and suggests improvements. The committee factors in community opinion and works together to form decisions on code amendments.
Schedule and Agendas
All meetings are viewable on the City’s YouTube.
Committee Report and Recommendations
The Ad Hoc Tree Advisory Committee met seven times between March & April. They presented a report with recommendations to the Planning Commission in May.
The Planning Commission will review the report and invite a public hearing in June or perhaps early July. Details will be published once certain. Comments are invited early through the form below.
General Tree Information:
- General Information about Trees in Lakewood
- Tree Canopy and Tree Protection Fact Sheet
- Issues: Environment
Tree Committee Links:
- Dec. 21, 2021: Lakewood to Form Ad Hoc Committee to Review Tree Preservation Code
- 2022 Recommendations by Ad Hoc Tree Advisory Committee
- City of Lakewood Comprehensive Plan; Energy & Climate Change Chapter
“Trees are good neighbors. They capture carbon, improve air quality, and beautify neighborhoods. Through this balanced process, we hope to establish popular, workable, and effective protections for them.”
Dave Bugher, Assistant City Manager (City of Lakewood)