The Lakewood’s Promise Advisory Board develops relationships among citizens and businesses to deliver The Five Promises to Lakewood youth. The Five Promises are adults that care, public safety, health, education, and equal opportunity.
The Lakewood’s Promise Advisory Board assists the City Council in the following areas:
- Advise the Mayor, City Council, and city staff regarding the delivery of The Five Promises.
- Develop ongoing relationships among Lakewood citizens and businesses.
- Advise the City Council in connection with Lakewood’s Promise issues, including:
- Facilitate coordination between city staff, residents, and other organizations on Lakewood’s Promise issues
- Recommend strategies to boost awareness of Lakewood’s Promise in cooperation with any appropriate private, public, or government agency
- Recommend ways of raising money for the promotion of Lakewood’s Promise programs
- Represent the community and the City of Lakewood to address Lakewood’s Promise-related issues.
- Ron Banner
- Elise Bodell
- Megan Dempsey
- Mary Dodsworth
- Wanda Elder
- Michele Johnson
- Joyce Loveday
- Kyle Manglona
- Kerri Pedrick
- Ellie Wilson
- Hank Jones (Youth Council representative)
- Councilmember Mary Moss (Council Liaison)
Attendance: Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any committee, board or commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council may, in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
Expectations: Adhere to the City of Lakewood’s Code of Ethics, mutual respect among members, be a good listener, and be flexible.
Members shall be residents of the City, or by the nature of their work with youth, determined an asset to the Board. The members shall be appointed from among members of the public to include, to the extent reasonably possible, representation from people involved with or interested in the availability and delivery of the Five Promises.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. Four (4) members representing the partner agencies: Clover Park School District, Pierce College, Clover Park Technical College, and the City of Lakewood shall serve on the Lakewood’s Promise Board. One (1) member shall be a representative of the Youth Council.
Terms are three years. The Youth Council representative shall serve a one-year term.
Schedule, Agendas, and Minutes
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 am at Lakewood City Hall.
- October 6, 2022
- November 3, 2022
- December 1, 2022