The American Lake – Lake Management District No. 1 Advisory Committee represents the property owners of American Lake (Lake Management District No. 1) and advises the Lakewood City Council on matters involving the lake.
The Lake Management District (LMD) No. 1 Advisory committee was formed on July 1, 2019 with City Council passing Resolution No. 2019-15.
The purpose of the advisory committee is to represent the property owners of the LMD to the City Council, and:
1. each spring, discuss the proposed annual work program consistent with the American Lake Integrated Aquatic Vegetation Management Plan (or its successors);
2. provide input and suggestions on the implementation of the district’s annual work program;
3. prepare educational materials related to American Lake and the LMD;
4. each winter, contribute to an annual report regarding progress on the LMD work program and the health of the lake; and
5. brief LMD members on the contents of the annual report and related LMD activities.
- Richard Martinez, private property owner representative
- Peter Marsh, private property owner representative
- Kate Read, private property owner representative
- Mary Dodsworth, city of Lakewood representative
- Susan Vezeau, Washington Military Department representative
- David Clouse, Federal Property owner representative
Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The council expects to be informed in the event any committee, board, or commission member has three unexcused absences. The council may, in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
The advisory committee shall be made up of five regular members: three representing private property owners; one representing the Washington Military Department at Camp Murray; and one representing the city of Lakewood.
The committee shall also include one non-voting member representing the federal properties of Joint Base Lewis-McChord and American Lake Veterans Hospital.
Members of the advisory committee shall be selected from individuals who own property or represent government bodies that own property within the LMD. The intent of the selection process shall be to proportionally represent the various property types identified in the district assessment roll. No private property owners shall serve longer than two consecutive terms.
Agendas and Minutes
- Description for this block. Use this space for describing your block. Any text will do. Description for this block. You can use this space for describing your block.