Lakewood Police squad car parked in front of the Lakewood Police Department.

Applications, Requests, and Resources

Below is a list of common applications, requests, and resources related to the Lakewood Police Department.

Lakewood Police Department
9401 Lakewood Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
(253) 830-5000

[email protected]

Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Important Links


Request a copy of a Police Report

Tickets, Fees, and Driving

Impound/Tow Fees

If your vehicle is impounded on a weekend or holiday, you must wait until the following business day to pick it up. See the brochure below for tow company information and other resources.
Vehicle Impound Brochure (PDF) 

If your vehicle has been impounded by the Lakewood Police Department:

  • The vehicle can only be released to the registered or legal owner. The registered owner may request another person to redeem the car but must be present.
  • The person redeeming the car must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
  • The owner, or person redeeming the vehicle along with the owner, must obtain a form authorizing the release of the vehicle from the Lakewood Police Department, and pay a $100 administrative fee.
  • The owner/person redeeming the vehicle must pay all impound and storage fees.
  • Payment must be in the form of cash, cashier’s check, money order, or debit/credit card. Pay at the Lakewood Police Department.

Request a Driving While License is Suspended Hearing:

Lakewood Municipal Code provides the opportunity for a vehicle owner to have a hearing in front of a hearing examiner. However, hearings are restricted by the definitions of LMC 10.28.050(D). If you ask for a hearing, there are only two areas up for dispute:

  1. Validity of impound.
    • Was there a valid reason for an officer to stop your vehicle?
    • Can you provide proof your license was not suspended at the time of the stop?
  2. Amount of towing and storage charges.
    • Can you show the amount of storage and towing fees that were not assessed against you in a manner that is consistent with the guidelines set by Washington State Patrol?

If impound and towing charges are found to be proper, no further relief or remedy is authorized as shown in LMC 10.28.060.

More Information:


Return of Property
Property is released by appointment only. Please allow up to five business days to review and research your request. Not all property may be released pursuant to state or federal law, or department policy; you may be asked to provide proof of ownership. Valid photo ID and case number required for pick up.

Before you can visit the property room:

  • Call 253-830-5000 to confirm the item(s) have been released. We will not release anything without written authorization.
  • Have your case number ready. This number begins with the year in which the incident occurred (e.g. 18-XXX-XXXX).

If someone else is picking up the property for you:

  • Contact the officer or detective in charge of your case and request that they release your property to your designee. You can also provide a legal notarized statement authorizing your designee to pick up your property.
  • Property room employees may give further instructions if required.

Failure to remove property within 60 days may result in its destruction, sale at auction, or retention as department property.

Seizure Hearing
If you have an interest in property that has been seized pursuant to RCW 69.50.505 or RCW 10.105, you must assert a claim of ownership, in writing, to the Lakewood Police Chief or designee within 45 days of the date of seizure to request a hearing. Please send all written correspondence to:

Lakewood Police Department
Attention: Chris James
9401 Lakewood Dr. S.W.
Lakewood, WA 98499

Failure to assert a timely claim of ownership and/or request for a hearing will result in forfeiture of the property to the Lakewood Police Department.


  • Animal Issues
  • Motor Vehicle Collision
  • Crime
    • Emergencies: Call 911 if you see suspicious activity, see a crime occurring, or are a victim of a crime that is occurring or there is a chance quick response by officers means they will catch the suspect.
    • Non-emergencies: Call 253-287-4455 or 800-562-9800 to report a crime that is NOT in progress.
    • Non-emergencies online: You can report some crimes that are not in progress online via South Sound 911.
  • Submit a Tip
    • Submit an anonymous tip through this encrypted, confidential website. Tips are immediately and securely directed to Lakewood police. Never submit an emergency tip here. Please call 911 if it is an emergency.
    • Other lines for reporting tips:
      • Abandoned vehicles and traffic complaints: 253-830-5070
      • Animal Control: 253-830-5010
      • Criminal investigations tip line: 253-830-5064
      • Domestic Violence helpline: 253-798-4166
      • Hotline for: prostitution, sex offender information, gang, drug tips: 253-830-5049
  • Submit a Compliment or Complaint
    • If you would like to submit positive feedback or a complaint about the police service you have received, you have several options:
      • In-person: At the police station, 9401 Lakewood Dr, Lakewood and speak to a supervisor about the situation and/or fill out the Citizen Report of Commendation, Inquiry or Complaint (PDF). The police station is open M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
      • By mail: Download and fill out the citizen report of commendation, inquiry or complaint (PDF) and mail it to the Lakewood Police Department, 9401 Lakewood Dr. SW, Lakewood, WA 98499.
      • By phone: 253-830-5000 ask to speak to a supervisor M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
      • Online/free mobile app: Use our online portal or download MyLakewood311 (a free mobile app that allows you to report information at your fingertips).
  • Report a Nuisance
    • Complaints received from citizens, staff, and other agencies are investigated. Code enforcement may also initiate investigations and enforcement in order to implement city enforcement priorities.
    • To report a nuisance you can:

Municipal CourtPay My Fine
Animal Control Criminal Citations and Warrants
Animal & Code Enforcement InfractionsDomestic Violence

Back to Top