The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) reviews proposals to impose, adjust, or repeal taxes under RCW 67.28 (hotel/motel tax). The committee also considers applications to use tourism-related tax revenue to fund programs to improve tourism in Lakewood.
Hotels, motels, stadiums, and some other businesses may be taxed under RCW 67.28. These taxes are used to support programs that increase tourism to Lakewood. In recent years, these funds have supported advertising campaigns, special events, and other programs.
For information about this committee, contact Administrative Services at (253) 983-7706.
- Jason Whalen, Mayor
- Chelene Potvin-Bird (Term through November 1, 2023)
- Jarnail Singh (Term through December 31, 2025)
- Linda Smith (Term through November 1, 2023)
- DJ Wilkins (Term through December 31, 2025)
The committee must have a minimum of five (5) members.
- At least two members representing businesses are required to collect tax under this chapter; and
- At least two members involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received under this chapter.
- Persons who are eligible for appointment under (A) of this subsection are not eligible for appointment under (B) of this subsection. Persons who are eligible for appointment under (B) of this subsection are not eligible for appointment under (A) of this subsection.
- Organizations representing businesses required to collect tax under this chapter, organizations involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received under this chapter, and local agencies involved in tourism promotion may submit recommendations for membership on the committee.
- The number of members who are representatives of businesses required to collect tax under this chapter shall equal the number of members who are involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received under this chapter.
- One member shall be an elected official of the municipality who shall serve as chair of the committee.
- An advisory committee for a city or town may include one nonvoting member who is an elected official of the county in which the city or town is located. The appointing authority shall review the membership of the advisory committee annually and make changes as appropriate.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s Office, City of Lakewood, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499, or online: Application_for_Appointment.
Schedule, Agendas, and Minutes
Contact (if necessary)
City of Lakewood – Administrative Services
6000 Main Street SW
Lakewood WA 98499